The Sponsorship Director will oversee BTCM’s child and staff sponsorship program. S/he will focus on building transformational, Christ-centered relationships between sponsors, Ugandan staff, and children. To be successful, the candidate must be relationally driven, adaptable, and a self-starter who deeply resonates with our mission.
Location: Remote (preferably based out of Tulsa, OK) with domestic & international travel.
Reports to: US Executive Director
Category: Full-time, non-exempt
AUTHENTIC (Ephesians 4:22-24) Authentic people are true to who they are and how God designed them. They know themselves and are willing to let themselves be known through openness, vulnerability, and honesty.
CHRIST-LIKE (Matthew 28:18-20, John 15:4) Christ-like people have an abiding relationship with Jesus and are being transformed into His imagine. They are transforming others into his likeness and advocating for the people God has placed in front of them.
SERVANT HEARTED (Col. 3:23-24, Phil 2:3-5) Servant hearted people are dedicated team members who consider others as more significant than themselves. They are willing to work and serve in whatever capacity is needed to fulfill the greater purpose of equipping orphaned and vulnerable children. They reject passivity in order to speak Biblical truth into the lives of others.
PASSIONATE (Romans 12:11: Phil 1:27) A person that’s passionate has a zeal for our mission. They are committed to our children, and passionate about doing good. They’re dedicated, desiring to get better, and have an outstanding work ethic.
COMPASSIONATE (Ephesians 4:32) Compassionate people are deeply caring, sympathetic, and empathetic. Compassionate people seek to understand before being understood, driving them to great lengths to forgive, serve, and nurture people.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Embed yourself in Bless the Children Ministries. Get to know the people, children, culture, and disciple-making ministry vision.
- Create new and innovative ways to foster a transformational experience between children/staff and their sponsors.
- Research best practices in sponsorship programs, evaluate current practices, and champion appropriate changes.
- Invite new sponsors through face-to-face meetings.
- Spread awareness of BTCM’s sponsorship program by speaking at churches, small groups, mission team meetings, and hosting micro-events.
- Partner with the communications coordinator to advocate for children & staff needing sponsorship (mailers, sponsorship collateral, email campaigns, social media).
- Meet with sponsors on a regular basis (in-person or phone) to share personal updates from children/staff: child taking their first steps, prayer requests, change in living situation, reporting on progress of contributions.
- Oversee BTCM’s letter writing & gift campaigns (twice a year) including reading child letters, taking child photos, and mailing to sponsors.
- Invite sponsors to engage deeper with BTCM through trips, volunteering, major giving, and praying.
- Partner with the communications coordinator for child & staff retention/engagement efforts (print, digital, social)
- Lead BTCM’s volunteer team in monthly tasks and prayer.
- Ensure sponsorship database is updated with child information (age, school, costs, graduates) and donor information (payment information, cancelling/enrolling sponsors).
- Manage the sponsorship process for new children & staff.
Above all things, you must have a personal relationship with Jesus, value the people over projects, and are able to constantly lead others to higher standards of care and intimacy with Christ.
- A passionate commitment to BTCM’s mission
- Demonstrated lifestyle embodying BTCM’s core values
- Excellent interpersonal skills that welcomes others and exudes warmth
- Excellent oral, written, and public communication skills. Ability to comfortably tell BTCM’s story to engage audiences
- Strategic thinker with a track record of taking initiative
- Strong organization skills including effective time management
- Technologically savvy with experience using CRMs
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of three years professional experience
- International experience and cross-cultural experience preferred
Please email your resume to Executive Director, Taylor Cochran at firstname.lastname@example.org