BTCM Uganda Emergency Fund
During this time, we are thinking ahead on how to best care for high-risk children like Gilbert or Hannah, who have HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis. We’re asking how we can prepare families like Bakar’s, that will run out of food quickly with stores closed and no land to farm.
Even in hard situations, we know that God is working in our midst and on our behalf. As we pursue our disciple-making vision, we are prayerfully asking what opportunity has God placed in front of us to best serve our children, staff, and families?
In response, our board and staff are launching a COVID-19 Uganda Emergency Fund. For as little as $35 per child, you can provide care such as:
- Emergency medical care for children, staff, and guardians who get sick.
- Food and antibacterial soap for at-risk guardians unable to provide for their families.
- Subsidizing the cost of food and basic material needs that have already increased up to 300%.
- Overtime pay for staff like Wilson, Lydia, and Teddy who are working around the clock to care for children in our family-style residential care.
- Additional vitamins and specialized meal plan for children and staff who are considered high-risk for COVID-19.
- Prevention training to children, staff, and guardians.
- Supporting Uganda’s operations during economic instability.
Will you prayerfully consider joining us in this effort?